Help to drive project management deliverables including integrated project plans, timelines, budget, monthly updates, risk management/mitigation plans and tracking team goals and objectives.
Organizes/ schedules team meetings, including preparation of agendas, minutes, scheduling internal and external meetings, assignment and tracking of action items.
Support the project director in the program management for ongoing diabetes Medical Affairs projects. Attend work stream meetings when the project director has a conflict, help review weekly status reporting from all work streams, and manage the follow up action item items from the work stream leads.
Develop a sound knowledge base of the work within the Diabetes Medical Unit across 5 different products, managed by 5 different Medical Directors. Establish relationships with all Medical Directors, and participate in regular core team meetings to ensure operational needs and understood and addressed.
Interact with cross functional areas including legal, finance, contracting, procurement, and other groups within Medical Affairs.
Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses and ensure accurate inputs are provided into business planning processes; Ensures alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners.
Partners with the Project Director and project analyst to help prepare critical deliverables for the Diabetes Medical Unit, including audit preparation, compliance related tactical processes such as fair market value assessment, quality check and uploading of proper documentation for ad boards and IME, as well as preparing for contract execution and follow through within the company system.
- 5 or more years multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Project Management experience in a cross functional program setting required including strong proficiency with project management practices, tools, and methodologies
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets and product valuations and an understanding of portfolio management concepts.
- Medical Affairs, clinical trial, or drug development (not CMC) experience highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within Medical Affairs
- Must be an enthusiastic self-starter willing to work at times with little oversight
- Willingness to span various levels of work from tedious but critically important tasks, to more text book project management for smaller projects