Medical Billing Assistant, Woburn
Ideal Candidate will be responsible for reviewing patient charts to abstract specific data needed to complete an audit. Will also be responsible for maintaining charts, medical records and reports and solve any issues involving documentation. MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform medical records review for codes which focus on diagnosis capture to support claims and appeals process.
- Accurately and efficiently perform medical record review.
- Accurately identify ICD codes which capture diagnosis.
- Scan and properly distribute documents to applicable casework file.
- Other basic administrative functions as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience with medical record review
- Experience reviewing pre-operative records a plus
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient with computers, fax, copiers, scanner, etc..
- Strong written and verbal communication skills